Friday, October 3, 2014

Project 8 Website


This project was meant to teach us how to edit an image in Photoshop by adjusting the contrast, brightness, and texture of the picture, and then use it as a background  to make the text on our website easy to read. To begin with, we edited our pictures in Photoshop. We adjusted our skin tones. The pictures were taken with a white background so we had to prevent our pictures from looking washed out. Then we followed the outline of the picture to eliminate the excess space. 

After the picture was edited, we used an application called TextMate to design and create our website. For the background of our website, we used a "concrete" background image. Originally, this picture was very small and would show seams when it was enlarged. We edited it in Photoshop in order to make it seamless. I used Contrast, Alignment, Repetition, and Proximity (CARP) in the following ways: For contrast, I made my name a different color and font than the bulleted points. For Alignment, I put my name at the top of the page and had all of the bulleted points aligned to the left. Repetition was shown in the colors and alignment. As far as Proximity, my name was the biggest text on this page and the bulleted points are equally spaced out. 

The purpose of the wrapper div is to set the appropriate height and width of the page with text and images inside of it. This is shown by the red outline on my website. We included the CSS by creating a new style sheet. We linked this sheet to both our links and home page, so that the styles would apply to both.     

Throughout this project, I ran into problems with adding the images. I had to be really careful that I was typing in the correct name of the file, or else the image would not show. I think that I did a good job picking out attractive colors that go well together. I also think I did a good job editing my image in Photoshop. I would say that I still need to work on the Proximity portion of CARP. As shown in the photo above, there is a large gap of empty space between the last two bullet points. Next time, I will be more careful about the spacing on my website.        


No comments:

Post a Comment